Update or join the ANU Experts List
The ANU Experts List is a searchable database of academic staff at ANU available for media interviews. The University seeks to foster open engagement with the media and encourages academic staff to participate in public discussion through the media in areas within their research and teaching expertise.
Journalists are encouraged to use the resource to contact experts directly, but we advise that academics have heavy teaching and research commitments and may not always be instantly available for interview.
Strategic Communications and Public Affairs updates the list regularly to ensure that listings are up to date, and that new experts are included.
If you would like to nominate yourself or a colleague for inclusion or update your listing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the words ‘experts list’ in your subject line. Or you can call 02 6125 6125 for advice. Have a look at existing entries for the type of information required and please email us:
- Name, academic title and position title
- Centre, School and College
- Areas of expertise
- Office phone number and email address
- Your website address if you have one
- Mobile and/or home phone number (should you wish to keep these numbers confidential, please let us know and we will keep the numbers for SCAPA use only to contact you with any out-of-hours interview requests)
- A high resolution jpeg image if you have one
Academic staff who wish to be listed on the directory are strongly encouraged to take part in one of our free media training sessions. Find out more about training.
Find out more about the University’s position on academic expertise and public debate. This document also contains useful information on use of your University affiliation.